Recipe: Vegan Blueberry Pancakes!

Now, who doesn't love pancakes in bed on a lazy Sunday? 

If you feel like treating yo'self (or have a lovely other half who wants to treat you!) this recipe is for YOU. I decided to treat myself, I deserve it yanno, I felt like it, I did it. 

They're surprisingly quick to make. I mixed all the ingredients with a spoon, in a plastic jug - no fancy equipment necessary. Banged them in a mini one-egg pan, flipped them over (when the first side is cooked, obviously) and bam they're done. 



Ingredients:


  • 60g oat flour (make this by putting some oats in a blender/food processor)
  • 20g protein powder [for the gains bro]
  • 1tsp baking powder 
  • 8g flax/lin/chia seed (could probably omit if you don't have any)
  • 8g cacao nibs (or chocolate or chopped nuts - what d'ya fancy)
  • 1tsp of vanilla extract or sugar free syrup 
  • 150ml of mylk (I used oat milk)
  • handful of blueberries 

Add all the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl/jug, then add the milk, syrup, blueberries and mix.
Add to a pan on a medium heat. I used a small pan because it's easier to get that perfect circle shape. You can pick one up here, here or here. Cook like usual pancakes: let one side cook for a few minutes then flip and let the other side cook. 

That's it. 


They're fairly healthy. Not full of processed sugar or anything like that. But they actually taste really good! I topped mine with some Alpro Go On yoghurt, extra blueberries and some crumbled up flapjack. The toppings are all down to you. The possibilities are endless. Some maple syrup would be AMAZING. 

Enjoy <3 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top